Saturday, October 10, 2009

For The Lizards Who Have Asked "Why?"



Those Were The Days

Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours
And dreamed of all the great things we would do

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

Then the busy years went rushing by us
We lost our starry notions on the way
If by chance I'd see you in the tavern
We'd smile at one another and we'd say

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

Just tonight I stood before the tavern
Nothing seemed the way it used to be
In the glass I saw a strange reflection
Was that lonely woman really me

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

Through the door there came familiar laughter
I saw your face and heard you call my name
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same

Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way.
La la la la...
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days

2 comments:

  1. Sharm, I have left a more complete answer for you on the other thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have posted the following over at Kirly's place.

    It is on page three of the comments.

    ___________________________________


    I am Syrah.

    I left that other place this October.

    I am now posting over at CC.

    I haven't looked back to see if I have been banned. I suppose that I have. Communicating with the folks at CC is a bannable offense.

    ~~~

    I would like to challenge all of you that still remain at that other place to try a little harmless 3 part experiment.

    ~~~

    Part 1

    Step away from it for a month. Just 30 days. Do not look at it. Do not visit it. Do not discuss it. Do your level best to not even think about it.

    Simply, just take a short vacation from it.*

    (You need to give yourself the opportunity to examine it and everything that has happened there over the last year from an arm's length. An easy and short vacation from it should do the trick.)

    Part 2

    After the thirty days have gone by, do not go back to the current main page. There is something that you have to do first.

    First, go back and look at the very first post that you put up there. Now look at the 30 days of activity on that blog after your first post. Read your posting from those first thirty days.

    Part 3

    Now you are ready to ask your self some questions.

    Start with:

    Why did you want to join in the first place?

    (The rest of the questions that you need to ask yourself will flow from that first answer.)

    ~~~

    “This above all: to thine own self be true.”

    ~~~

    *If you find my suggestion to step away from that other place for just a short 30 day vacation to be outrageous and unthinkable, you should ask yourself
    "Why is it so unreasonable?"

    Is it that you can't let another person's internet blog go for even just 30 days? Have you really given it that strong of a hold over you?

    ReplyDelete

By submitting your comments, you agree that you alone are responsible for their content. I reserve the right to remove comments I deem offensive or inappropriate, at my discretion.

Threatening, abusive and illegal comments may be reported to the proper authorities. Don't be stupid. If the CIA, FBI or the Secret Service knocks on my door and asks questions about you, I will rat you out in seconds. (Sooner if I call them about you.)

Comments made below will be subject to public viewing.

Comments are subject to moderation.

It is an unfortunate fact of life that there are people out there in the wilds of the Internet that think it cute to post racist and Nazi garbage on other peoples websites. Some of these thugs are even enabled by people who should know better. In my opinion, both the thugs and their enablers are worse than spammers.

I have recently made enemies with a particular group of these people who have done just that on another website. I don't intend to make it easy for them to do that to me.

In light of that, comment moderation will be used here on this humble and very obscure little blog.

I will check in several times each day to approve appropriate comments.


For the most part, I will allow just about any type of comment except for spam and Kilgorian excrement.